Each project relies not only on on-site construction expertise but also on coordinated, efficient support from operations staff at its headquarters in Beverly, MA. BHI seeks individuals to join our team who are committed to the mission and values of the organization.
What do we need? Professionals or new graduates with experience in ...
- construction management
- site supervision
- design & drafting
- procurement & shipping
If you're interested, please upload your resume.
Don't see an opening for you right now? Submit your resume to BHI's general applicant database to be considered for future opportunities.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for maintaining accurate accounting records for the organization and all its partners, including managing the month end close process. The position is highly integral to ensuring senior management has timely financial data in order to implement and drive forward the organization's daily operations and strategic growth plan. Additionally, this role entails analyzing key financial drivers, managing cash, cash flow, and assisting management with strategic business and financial decisions.
- Together with the COO, manage the annual independent audit and other financial audits with external auditors.
- Prepare and enter journal entries.
- Maintain monthly general ledger, cycle closing checklist, and status of monthly closings.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review and approve general journal activities, including cash receipts and cash disbursements.
- Review and approve general ledger account reconciliations, bank accounts reconciliations, and revenue/expense analyses.
- Review and prepare project job costing.
- Review, prepare and assist with accounting tasks related to the organization’s grants/donors including budget and cost reporting.
- Monitor, analyze and review accounts receivables and cash forecasting.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual federal tax returns 990’s and MA Form PC.
- Lead and assist in enhanced use of financial technology systems and tools.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting. Not-for-profit accounting experience preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP.
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools.
- Detail and deadline-oriented.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, as well as health, dental, disability, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Apply via ZipRecruiter
Build Health International is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our organization. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Electrical Supervisor & Trainer
BHI works closely with Dr. Paul Farmer’s Partners in Health (PIH), St. Boniface Foundation and other non-governmental organizations to design and build cost effective and sustainable hospitals and clinics serving some of the poorest and most marginalized people across the globe.
BHI has developed a very unique and successful approach to building sustainable health care facilities in resource-constrained areas, originating from experience constructing the Hôpital Universitaire de Mirebalais, Haiti’s 340-bed National Teaching Hospital.
BHI is seeking a highly motivated and committed Electrical Supervisor and Trainer to work with our design and engineering team in Boston and oversee and train our electrical team in Haiti and other countries. Their time will be split primarily between Beverly, MA and Haiti with occasional trips to other countries to help in the planning and evaluation process. Responsibilities in Beverly include: preparing estimates, specifying and ordering materials, working with the team to develop installation methods with materials that can successfully be completed in the field by lower skilled electricians. In Haiti and other countries, responsibilities include supervising and helping layout electrical installations, and working with our staff electricians and helpers. Also, the candidate will help our facilities management teams troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment and motor controls, and work with our staff renewable energy engineer to plan and oversee PV installations. The candidate would use patience, flexibility, and problem-solving skills coupled with good communications to work with our multinational supervisors and local teams to find cost-effective and safe ways to circumvent obstacles to success.
The ideal candidate should also have a passion for helping others driven by a commitment to international development, social justice, or mission. Excellent health and willingness to travel to challenging locations is critical. Additionally, effective communication and willingness to work with others is critical; every member of the BHI team wears multiple hats and pitches in to help others as needed. This is a unique opportunity for younger journeyman level electrician to quickly advance professionally or a retiree in excellent health to take on a leadership role in an organization.
- 3-5 years Journeyman level experience with electrical installations.
- Good working knowledge of the NEC code and standards.
- Knowledge of materials and methods for electrical installations in USA or Canada.
- Excellent health because the settings can be physically demanding.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret plans and drawings.
- Ability to oversee safe work practices to ensure adherence to BHI guidelines.
- Detail-oriented with capacity to learn quickly.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of individuals including subcontractors, laborers, peers, and supervisors.
- Interest in teaching and training others.
- Excellent or fluency in English. Basic proficiency in French, Spanish, Creole is a plus or at a minimum, desire and aptitude to learn new languages.
- Openness to living and working in a rural tropical setting with a very different culture than the USA.
- Good computer skills and operation of electronic communication (email, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to manage project activities within time constraints of detailed schedule.
- A commitment to social justice and improving access to health care in resource constrained settings.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package, including 401K
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only contact those who are being considered for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in BHI!