Title: Development and Communications Specialist
Reporting To: Director of External Relations and Engagement
Location: Beverly, MA
Build Health International (BHI) is seeking a Development and Communications Specialist to support strategic growth and advance BHI’s global mission. BHI is a non-profit organization that promotes global equity by developing high-quality health infrastructure to enable access to dignified and affordable healthcare in resource-constrained regions of the world.
This unique role will enable an emerging nonprofit leader with a passion for marketing, design, and communications to increase visibility for BHI’s work during a key period of growth. This position will drive the creation of compelling BHI collateral and content, manage BHI’s website, and identify strategically important donors, platforms, channels and initiatives for growing BHI’s brand awareness in the future. The Development and Communications Specialist will report to the Director of External Relations and Engagement, with collaboration across many internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Development and Communications team to implement communications strategies that maximize BHI’s visibility across public and private sectors, donor networks and public policy
- Participate in donor engagement and assist in developing cultivation materials, solicitations identification of new potential individual donors
- Contribute to development of fundraising campaigns
- Draft copy and designs for high-quality print and electronic marketing materials including brochures, project summaries, technical one-pagers, social media graphics, fundraising appeals and marketing collateral
- Develop consistent and effective content for key platforms, including BHI’s website, social media, and the annual report
- Partner with the architectural team to create and manage BHI graphics utilized on the website, annual report, marketing materials and presentations
- Lead the identification of new communications channels, platforms and events that can best deliver Build Health International’s messaging to strategically important audiences
- Contribute to social media strategies across LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to engage a diverse audience and develop long term growth
- Manage all updates and lead any redesign of BHI’s website
- Collaborate with Development and Communications, Architectural, Engineering and Project Management teams to identify, craft and showcase compelling stories that convey BHI’s mission
- Participate in opportunities to expand owned and earned media that strategically builds a portfolio of contacts, increased exposure through op-eds, radio/TV interviews, etc.
- Create an archive of materials that document the organization’s history, projects, staff, board, funding and press coverage
- Maintain photo archive and coordinate obtaining new photo contracts of current projects
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-4 years of communications, graphic design, or marketing experience, ideally in a non-profit or global health related setting
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, Graphic Design, Marketing, International Relations, Public Health or related fields
- Track record of building creative concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro
- Experience with marketing tools and photo/video editing software
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural competencies; organizational and project management skills that demonstrate an ability to successfully collaborate with a variety of departments and stakeholders
- Flexibility, attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to multitask
- Experience planning social media campaigns, including knowledge of Sprout Social, Google Analytics and platform-based analytics (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Fluency in English, and proficiency in Spanish or French is a major plus
Compensation: Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, as well as health, dental, disability, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity in the workplace. BHI will make all employment and other placement decisions without regard to non-job-related factors such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. This applies to all areas, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and benefits.