Job Title: International Travel and Logistics Coordinator
Location: Beverly, MA (subject to COVID-19 precautions, the majority of the work can be done from home)
Hours: Flexible hours from 20 to 40 hours per week.
Reports to: Director of Medical Oxygen
Introduction: Build Health International (BHI) is a rapidly growing global health organization committed to health equity for all. BHI is looking for a motivated, organized, and mission-driven candidate to serve as the International Travel and Logistics Coordinator. The International Travel and Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for managing all travel arrangements for staff traveling for assessment, construction, and repair assignments in Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean. The International Travel and Logistics Coordinator will manage, track, and complete a high volume of travel and administrative tasks under tight timelines. The ideal candidate would have strong administrative and organizational skills, proven attention to detail, and an action orientation. Success in this role requires a strong willingness to learn, a sense of urgency, and a commitment to supporting the growth of BHI.
About BHI: BHI promotes global equity by building high-quality health infrastructure in resource-constrained countries. Founded in 2014, BHI is a dynamic organization that is growing rapidly to address unmet needs for health facility improvements in response to COVID-19 and other pressing public health challenges. BHI’s medical oxygen program is in a phase of rapid growth in response to COVID-19. BHI’s medical oxygen program builds on its unique expertise in the construction and repair of hospitals, clinics, and other health infrastructure in Low-and Middle-Income Countries (LMICs). The International Travel and Logistics Coordinator will interact with a wide variety of members of the BHI team, including architects, engineers, project managers, and senior BHI leadership, as well as external partners.
BHI Approach: BHI optimizes outcomes in a climate of scarcity, enabling our partners to provide care to those who need it most. We work to make each of our healthcare facilities a part of robust public healthcare systems that will provide long-term quality, accessible, and affordable care to the local community.
- Beyond Infrastructure: Focused on providing dignified healthcare and bringing partners together to increase impact for patients, clinicians, and communities worldwide.
- Local Talent: Recruiting, training, and partnering with local labor and medical staff impacts economic development and facility longevity.
- Energy Efficiency: Stable electricity is one of the most significant barriers to improving health systems and services in low-resource settings; we aim to provide affordable, efficient, and operationally effective sources.
- Sustainability: Our multidisciplinary team and collaborative partners plan, design, and construct innovative solutions impacting health and environmental outcomes.
- Travel Preparation and Management: Work with Beverly, MA-based project managers to coordinate and plan travel for project support including oxygen assessments, repairs, and installations. Organize and manage project travel. Ensure efficient and cost-effective procurement of airline tickets and lodging. Provide support, including tracking, securing, and managing the required visas, vaccinations, and COVID-19 tests. Research and facilitate country visas for a wide variety of countries in a rapidly changing environment.
- Project Scheduling and Tracking: Help plan and coordinate schedules of engineers, technicians, and other BHI staff for travel between countries. Track and schedule engineers, support staff, and consultants across multiple projects. Manage the schedule of team members deployed across project sites. Ensure that projects are appropriately staffed and that team members have sufficient travel and rest time between jobs. Ensure that projects are planned and staffed efficiently and that competing commitments are managed to prevent understaffing and double booking.
- Program Coordination: Coordinate with international aid and humanitarian organizations on in-country logistics, including transportation, food, and lodging. Ensure effective coordination and open, organized communication, information sharing, and tracking pending items between BHI’s biomedical engineers, electrical engineers, the architectural team, partnership management, development and communications, administration, and senior leadership.
- Management Systems: Work with senior management to build and adapt management systems to plan and track the movement of personnel, assets, and equipment across different projects supported by diverse donors over a variety of contexts.
- Fluent in English. Some French or Spanish would be helpful but are not required.
- The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, energetic environment and can deal successfully with conflicting and shifting priorities.
- High attention to detail is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness and experience with interacting with people from many different cultures.
- Mission-driven and service-oriented.
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and focus on achieving results.
- Strong problem-solving skills and commitment to learning and building expertise in an emerging field.
- Adaptable, creative, and solutions-oriented approach to goals and challenges.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Flexible and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Competence in professional software programs, including Google Suite, Zoom, and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Teams).
Compensation: Competitive base salary commensurate with experience.
Application: To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
BHI partners with global health nonprofits who share our commitment to establishing healthcare as a human right. We collaborate with our partners throughout their projects, including planning, design, construction, and operation. Our strategy leverages global resources, invests in the local economy, and creates facilities that will continue to provide care for decades to come.
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity in the workplace. BHI will make all employment and other placement decisions without regard to non-job-related factors such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. These protections apply to all areas, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and benefits.