Job Title: People/Culture/Benefits Specialist
Location: Beverly, MA
Build Health International (BHI) has a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic, mission driven, hands on People/Culture/Benefits Specialist to join our international team.
BHI is a non-profit organization working in fragile health systems to develop infrastructure solutions that elevate the quality and accessibility of healthcare worldwide. BHI conducts clinical planning, design, construction, and maintenance for healthcare facilities in some of the most impoverished places on earth. We are dedicated to partnering with organizations that provide high-quality, accessible treatment to the most vulnerable. Our work is grounded in commitments to sustainability, health equity, and local capacity building
The People/Culture/Benefits Specialist will play a key role in BHI’s growing international team. As we work to create lasting impact worldwide, this position will help to build our positive, inclusive and action-oriented culture including recruiting, administering pay, benefits, leave, review, development and immigration processes.
• Collaborate with all business units to effectively streamline communication and create cohesiveness across all groups including Architecture, Engineering, Project Management, Development and Communications and Accounting.
• Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include professional development, safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
• Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
• Coordinate internal training and learning opportunities related to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
• Assist with onboarding and offboarding when necessary.
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs for all international staff including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
• Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
• Performs payroll processing and administration.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Driven and inspired by people relations.
• Multilingual skill a strong plus.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
• Organized with demonstrated attention to detail.
• Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Aptitude to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Involvement in diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB) initiatives with a variety of stakeholders.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Experience with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
• At least three years of human resource management experience preferred.
• Knowledge of the healthcare setting, global health or demonstrated interest to learn.
• SHRM-CP a plus.
Location: The position will be based at the BHI office in Beverly, Massachusetts. Some travel may be required when conditions allow.
Compensation: Competitive base salary commensurate with experience.
Application: To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; a cover letter is preferred, but optional.
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity in the workplace. BHI will make all employment and other placement decisions without regard to non-job-related factors such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. This applies to all areas, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and benefits.