Job Title: Project Manager / Architect
Reports to: Director of Engineering & Construction
Location: Beverly, MA (Remote start)
Build Health International (BHI) has a unique opportunity for a bright, motivated, and hands-on Project Manager/Architect.
BHI is a non-profit organization working in fragile health systems to develop infrastructure solutions that elevate the quality and accessibility of healthcare worldwide. BHI conducts clinical planning, design, construction, and maintenance for healthcare facilities in some of the most impoverished places on earth. We are dedicated to partnering with organizations that provide high-quality, accessible treatment to the poor. Our work is grounded in commitments to sustainability, health equity, and local capacity building.
In order to support our expanding portfolio of design-build projects, we are seeking an ambitious and compassionate project manager to join our team. This individual will play a critical role in BHI’s projects in Peru. In the role of a Project Manager / Architect, the candidate will support and collaborate closely with the Architecture, Engineering and Construction teams.
- Oversee architectural projects from the conception stage through construction and eventual completion of the project, making sure that project teams meet quality, schedule, contractual, and budget goals.
- Develop building plans by collaborating with design and architect teams and reviewing plans for construction projects.
- Plan, develop and oversee project schedules to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion.
- Estimate project costs and develop budgets. Visit sites to monitor progress, oversee contractor activities, and work to eliminate delays and stay on budget.
- Consistently monitor and proactively coordinate cash flow with partners.
- Establish and sustain client relations. Communicate effectively to ensure that the project meets the client’s needs and that clients remain informed of progress and developments.
- Manage contractors, beginning with the initial selection of contractors and receiving bids to answering questions during the building process.
- Periodically travel to the job site to verify that contractors are adhering to building plans and regulations.
- Manage multiple teams of contractors as well as local inspectors and utilities, architectural project managers must actively manage schedules and timelines to prevent delays and ensure that projects are on time and within budget.
- Manage all aspects of site planning to ensure that projects are compliant with defined standards.
- Prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Lead the procurement (evaluating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts), and purchasing of project materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture and 3-5 years of relevant architectural, design and planning experience
- High level of proficiency with Revit and professional experience with AutoCAD.
- Experience creating and working on construction document sets.
- Basic knowledge of MEP / FP systems for design purposes.
- Knowledge of current residential building codes and international building codes.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with diverse individuals.
- Demonstrated interest of current and emerging issues in global health or international development.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally to project sites.
- Fluency in English, and proficiency in Spanish. Native Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.
Location: The Project Manager can be remote for the interim but will be based at the BHI office in Beverly, Massachusetts. Some travel may be required when conditions allow.
Compensation: Competitive base salary commensurate with experience.
Application: To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; a cover letter is preferred, but optional.
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity in the workplace. BHI will make all employment and other placement decisions without regard to non-job-related factors such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. This applies to all areas, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and benefits.